If you just got an iPhone and were wondering just how to add music to it from your computer, here’s how.
You would think you could simply drag and drop MP3s onto your iPhone. But why make it easy for us? iTunes is confusing, but once you figure it out, it is handy for keeping things organized.
I use folders and playlists within the folders to organize things. Folders just hold playlists and playlists hold tracks.
I have a folder called “Crooners” and in it, I have several playlists that I have grouped by the artist. Under it, I have another folder for my Japanese music.
To do this, first make a folder.
1) With the newest version of iTunes (18.104.22.168), you click on the top left.
2) New > New Playlist Folder.
3) Name the folder “Japanese Lessons” or “Kotoba” or whatever
4) Next, make a playlist and name it whatever you want.
Next, plug in your iPhone, add that playlist, and sync.
1) Click on the iPhone button to the top right.
2) Click on “Music” at the top
3) Select “Sync Music” and “Selected Playlists, artists, albums, and genres”
4) Then choose the playlists you want.
Sync and you should see it on your iPhone.