Here is our newest video about our newest product:
Ninja Penguin Talks Japanese in Japan!
Learn about the 47 prefectures of Japan while mastering 500 important beginner level Japanese words. MP3s totaling over one hour of audio lessons are also included for FREE.
Penguin’s dream of completing Ninja Academy has finally come true…
One test remains: he must journey to the far frigid shores of Hokkaido in order to become a true Ninja Penguin. Besides, it is simply too hot in the sub-tropical Okinawa. Hokkaido, in northern Japan with its far more reasonable climate, sounds REALLY nice to a penguin who had been training many seasons in the Okinawan heat.
This book chronicles what the penguin experienced as he toured the forty-seven prefectures that make up Japan. He learned much about Japanese culture and geography while picking up more than 500 useful vocabulary words. You too can learn these important beginner-level words with the helpful hints and puzzles found throughout this book. As you work through each lesson, we invite you to listen to the especially formatted audio files.
- Learn many interesting facts about the 47 prefectures of Japan.
- Master 500 useful beginner level Japanese words.
- Listen to MP3s to help learn the vocabulary words–totaling over one hour of audio lessons.
- Download (found on the last page of the book) includes PDF version of the book, eBook, and MP3s.
- Includes many fun cartoons featuring the penguin’s journey through Japan.
Check out Ninja Penguin today at Amazon.
And we just got a great review for our Learn Japanese Phrases iPhone app:
5 stars all the way! – This is the BEST Japanese app I’ve ever paid for. Before I knew about this app I was stuck with google translate which didn’t really do anything for me. Then I got the demo version of this app and after a while decided it was time to buy the full version and I do NOT regret it at all!
Momotaro, the Peach Boy is now out for Kindle (soon for Nook and elsewhere!) and paperback. Here is a video showcasing the paperback.
Only $3.99 USD for the ebook and $8.99 for the paperback.
Momotaro, the Peach Boy
Newly updated and soon to come out in paperback, Japanese Reader Collection Volume 2 now includes a revised Momotaro story and The Tortoise and the Hare. A download link for the MP3s of the story is also included.
Just for fun, see how CJ Martin went from this:
Click to read about the process on his blog.
(The Temporal, a thriller by CJ Martin and in English is FREE now for Kindle.)
Major update to Momotaro, the Peach Boy
In an effort to make our backlist a greater value, we are doing full edits and also creating paperback versions of each one.
We just completed editing Japanese Reader Collection Volume 2: Momotaro, the Peach Boy.
Originally, this book was actually two ebooks: Momotaro and The Tortoise and the Hare. Now, for the same price as one, we’ve combined them and did a total reedit.
Plus, CJ Martin of The Temporal (FREE RIGHT NOW!!) and Tanaka fame did the cover. See a step by step blog post on how the cover was created. A Cartoon-style Book Cover from Start to Finish: Momotaro, the Peach Boy
Double Plus! It will be free tomorrow and thursday at Amazon.
We are happy to introduce our totally updated and expanded Kotowaza, Japanese Proverbs and Sayings in paperback. As with the ebook version, we are including, free of additional charge, MP3s–but also, the PDF and ebook versions too!
Right now we are selling the paperback for JUST $6.99 at Amazon.com and TheJapanShop.com. For a 118 page book covering 50 important proverbs plus media extras, we feel this is an amazing deal. I don’t know how long we can keep the price this low.
- 108 Pages covering Fifty Useful Proverbs
- Literal English translations and similar English proverbs given
- Helpful notes explain grammar and background
- An Example sentence shows how the proverb is used
- Vocabulary defined for every Japanese word
- For Beginners up FREE MP3s (download link found on the last page)
Get it today at Amazon.com or TheJapanShop.com.
Hikoichi — Japanese Reader Collection Vol 1 by Clay and Yumi Boutwell
Now in Paperback (and eBook) and ONLY $6.99 for the paperback! (USD)
• All Japanese have furigana (in the paperback) and romaji for those starting out.
• The book has 113 pages with four full traditional Japanese stories about Hikoichi and a complete glossary at the end.
• Every sentence is broken down word-for-word.
• The full story in Japanese only is also provided so you can practice reading without interruption.
• We have included a simple and mostly literal English translation for you to check your understanding (Don’t cheat! Work through the Japanese first!).
• Download the FREE MP3s to listen while you study.
While beginners to Japanese can get a lot from this, hiragana knowledge is required.
We have kept the price as low as possible. It isn’t very often you can find books for learning Japanese under $10! With the MP3s included this is an exceptional value that will help you advance in your Japanese.
Available at Amazon.com and www.TheJapanShop.com
Get it today for only $6.99 (including the MP3s for free!) at Amazon.com. The eBook version is also available at Amazon, BN.com, and TheJapanShop.com.